Everest panorama Trek although relatively easy compared to some of the other treks, takes you up high along trails to Tengboche Monastery (3850m). This is a short trek but very scenic trek offers a really superb view of the world’s highest peaks, including Everest, Lhotse, Thamserku, Ama Dablam, and other many snowy peaks.
We fly from Kathmandu to Lukla airstrip in the Khumbu region and trek up to Namche Bazar, Tyangboche (famous for its monastery) and into the Khumjung village, a very nice settlement of Sherpas people. This trek is a great introduction to Sherpa country and its culture with great mountain views, a very popular destination for first-time trekkers in Nepal. This trek is best suited for those who do not have enough time for longer treks into the high mountains.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m). Overnight at a Hotel.
Our representative Sherpa Expedition and Trekking staff will receive you at Tribhuvan International airport, Kathmandu and transfer you to your hotel.
In the evening, we will host a pre-trek meeting in our office and introduce you to your trekking guide. For the meeting, please make sure you bring your passport, three copies of passport-size photos and a readable copy of your travel insurance policy. During this meeting, please clear the due balance if any, and sign the legally binding trip form as well as the non-liability disclaimer.
Day 02: Half day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu
Early morning, after breakfast, you will be taken for a cultural tour of Kathmandu city. Some of the main highlights will be Pashupatinath Temple, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,804 m) and Trek to Phakding (2,610 m) – 3 hrs. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
The 35-minute flight to Tenzing-Hillary Airport usually takes place early in the morning. We suggest you to make all the sorting and packing the day before, so there is no rush on Day 3. Once you reach Lukla, have breakfast. Your guide will make an arrangement of porters. We assign one porter to every two clients. Begin the trek by descending towards the Dudh Kosi River where you join the main trail to Namche Bazaar, located just above Chaunikharka (2,713 m). The walking is easy and after passing through the small village of Ghat (2,550 m), it is a short walk to Phakding.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441 m) – 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
We will walk for the longest hours. After having breakfast, leave Phakding and head towards Namche Bazaar. Continue trekking along the banks of the Dudh Kosi and cross the majestic river many times on exciting suspension bridges laden with prayer flags. After entering the Everest National Park, the trail climbs steeply with breathtaking views. During your uphill walk, if the weather is clear enough, you will get your first view of Mount Everest. Continue climbing and you will reach Namche Bazaar, the Sherpa Capital.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar Acclimatization Day. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
Trekkers and climbers who have arrived in Khumbu region spend time in Namche Bazaar to acclimatize to thinning air of the mountains. It’s exciting to be in this Sherpa town, which is a center of both commercial and cultural activities. During the first half of the day, your guide will take you for a hike around the Bazaar. Visit Sherpa Culture Museum and hike up to Syangboche Airstrip. In your walk, if the weather is clear, you will be rewarded with magnificent views of mountains such as Kongde, Thamserku, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, and Everest.
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche (3,860 m) – 5 hrs. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
The trek continues along the rushing glacial waters of the Dudh Kosi with magnificent views of the mountains. We’ll have trekked to an altitude of 3,860 m upon reaching Tengboche. Inside the monastery are incredibly ornate wall hangings, a 20-foot sculpture of Buddha, and the musical instruments and robes of the Lamas. The group will be taken to observe a prayer ceremony either in the evening or in the morning depending on how the trekking goes this day.
Day 07: Trek Back to Namche Bazaar (3,441 m) – 4 hrs. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
Following the same trail, leaving the mountains behind us, our descent takes us from Tengboche (3,860 m) to the town of Namche Bazaar.
Day 08: Trek to Lukla (2,804 m) – 6 hrs. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
This is our last day of trekking as we return to Lukla where the trek began. We enjoy this time to reflect on the trek as a group and the personal achievement of all those who took part. The afternoon is free, so you can wander about, relax and enjoy a hot shower! In the evening, have a few celebratory drinks and dance with your trek mates.
Day 09: Morning Flight back to Kathmandu. Overnight at a Hotel.
On your flight back to Kathmandu as you leave Lukla, you can enjoy some last-minute glimpses of the mountains. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, our airport representative will transfer you to your hotel from the airport.
Day 10: Transfer to the International Airport for Your Final Flight Departure.
The trip concludes – our airport representative will drop you to Kathmandu’s Tribhuwan International Airport for your flight departure from Nepal.
- All airport pick-up & drop by private vehicle (international and domestic)
- Welcome dinner in an authentic restaurant in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight including airport tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS card)
- English speaking, government licensed guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance
- Twin/double sharing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek
- First aid kit
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- trekking route maps
- All necessary government taxes and service charges
- Porter (For two person)
- Your Nepal visa fees and 2 passport size photos
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu
- All meals and accommodation in Kathmandu
- Food and accommodations in case of early arrivals from the trek or late departures from airport
- Your extra personal expenses during trek such as (laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter etc)
- Tips for the trekking crew
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- 1-2 long sleeve T-shirts
- 4-5pairs of Socks
- A down Jacket
- A wind and waterproof thin layer jacket.
- 2 windproof/waterproof trousers
- A Thermal wears (specially a trouser)
- A pair of good trekking boot
- pair of sandal
- Trekking Stick/s
- Winter hat
- A pair of half gloves for walking stick (if you prefer)
- Sunscreen (35 to 60spf)
- Sleeping bag
- Head light
- Water bottle and a water purifying pills
- And a medicines which are necessary for you.