The Makalu Barun National Park, built up in 1992, is a flat out virgin land spread out more than 1500 sq.kms in the Eastern piece of Nepal. It is situated in the Barun Valley which stretches east from Mt. Everest National Park. Furthermore, it goes through the high level of Tibet and profound sub-tropical chasm framed by River Arun.
Mt. Makalu is the world's fifth-most highest mountain and surely is a proud neighbor of Mt. Everest.
This remote region is under the purview of an understanding among Nepal and China. Therefore, it falls under the International Protected Area. It is spread more than two regions, Solukhumbu and Sankhuwasabha.
Also, the Makalu Region is outstanding for one of the most well-known trekking tops, the Mera Peak. It is situated at 6,654 meters above the ocean level. There is a stunning perspective on the grand snow-topped Himalayan pinnacles including Mt. Makalu (8463m), Mt. Chamlang (7,319m) and Mt. Baruntse (7,129 m).
The Makalu Barun Valley is an epic of differentiating highlights where you discover high cascades falling into profound canyons. It is trailed by climate beaten rocks rising gladly from lavish green woodlands and the floor covering of beautiful blossoms underneath the snow-white pinnacles.
The Makalu Barun area has a rich biodiversity. Along these lines, it is home to an assortment of colorful blossoms like the Rhododendrons and Orchids. Additionally, you can likewise discover plenty of untamed life like the Snow Leopard, Red Panda, Wild Boar, Musk Deer, Wild Yak, the Himalayan Thar. Moreover, this area is a home for in excess of 420 types of avian life. Among the one of a kind animal varieties, Spiny Babbler is the fowl just found in Nepal.
The Makalu Base Camp Trek takes off after we reach Tumlingtar in Mid-eastern Nepal. The Makalu Trek begins from Chichila, which is a 3 hours drive from Tumlingtar. We pass the lovely Barun River Valley in the Makalu Barun National Park. This stretch of the trek will see us crossing some truly elevated passes like the Shipton La, Keke La and furthermore some lovely lakes like the Kalopokhari, etc.
During this trek, you stroll from the swamps of Tumlingtar on the Arun River to one of the most elevated Base Camps the Makalu Base Camp at 5,000m above ocean level. Pre-winter is viewed as the best season to do this trek.
- Transportation to the trekking starting point and from the ending point
- Trekking Information Management System Fee (TIMS Fee)
- National park Conservation Fee
- Lodge trek with all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and accommodation in tea house lodge.
- Services of English speaking trekking guide and porter (one porter for two people and the maximum weight carry by one porter is total 25kg)
- Accommodation, meals, insurance, equipment, and allowance of guide and porter.
- Sleeping bag and down jacket if necessary.
- All applicable government taxes and service charges.
- Any accommodation and meals in Kathmandu
- Any sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- Any international and domestic airfare
- Your personal travel insurance and medical.
- Bottled drinks (mineral water, and cold drinks, and alcoholic drinks).
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips for guide, porter, and driver, laundry, bar bill, telephone calls, etc.
- Liability for expenses against sickness, flight cancellation, road blockage, accidents, and another occurrence, beyond our control.
- Nepal visa fee.
- Any other optional services not mentioned above as included.
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- The warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)