Back in the 1950s, the journey to Chitwan was arduous as the area could only be reached by foot. Thus, a rapid change in infrastructure, Chitwan is now easily accessible from Kathmandu and other major cities via road. The Chitwan National Park offers a wilderness of rich ecosystem that includes 50 mammals, 600 plants species, 526 birds, 49 amphibians and reptiles and water species of several kinds. It is little surprising therefore this is one of the most popular and frequented national parks of the country. The highlight of the park is the Royal Bengal tigers and Asian one-horned rhinoceros that live in the dense forests of the park. Sharing home with these endangered species are other animals like rhesus monkey, leopards, grey langur, deer, wild boar, wild dogs, and cats.
The forest is alive during autumn season with the arrival migrants’ birds’ paradise flycatcher, Indian pin and parakeets, woodpeckers, hornbills and migratory birds from Siberia. Choosing the right season makes your trip more favorable, activities like jungle safari on elephant back, if you don’t want to do so there are many alternatives like jeep safari, canoe ride and jungle walk can be done. You will encounter unique species during the safari, if you are lucky enough, you might spot a glimpse of elusive tigers and leopards. Another attraction of this place is Tharu culture, their tradition, unique lifestyle and heart touching Tharu dance.
- Explore around Chitwan National park.
- Get experience Tharu culture and visit the village.
- Enjoy Elephant and Jeep Safari.
- Bird watching.
- Canoe Ride
- Enjoy bathing with Elephant
- Opportunity to witness different wild animals
- Service of an experienced safari guide
Our Tour Package Cost includes;
- Round trip flight ticket from Kathmandu-Bharatpur-Kathmandu and airport tax.
- All ground transportation by private vehicle from and to airport/bus station.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner with Tea, Coffee, and Hot Water).
- Accommodation in twin sharing basis at Hotel/Resort.
- All the Jungle Safari/Activities as per the above-mentioned itinerary/program.
- All national park fees/entry permits.
- English speaking Nature/Jungle guide.
- Office Service charge.
- All Government Tax.
Our Tour Package Cost doesn't include;
- Any meals and accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance.
- International airfare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
- Items and expenses of personal nature and gratuities.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks/beverage bill, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking Equipment like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
- Tips for guide, supporting staff and driver.
Good to Know
Facts of Chitwan National Park:
Interesting fact of Chitwan National Park
|The word(Tharu language) 'Chitwan' means 'Heart of the forest.'|
|Chitwan National Park is considered to be one of Asia's best and amazing national parks for viewing wildlife and wild animal.|
|In the 1960s the population of one horn rhinos in Chitwan's region had decreased to normally 95 due to poaching and hunting. This number had been roughly 800 in 1950.|
|Chitwan National Park exists within a high humidity region that experiences a tropical monsoon climate. The monsoon season runs from the middle of June until the end of September.|
|There are at least 68 mammal species found in Chitwan including the Leopards Bengal tiger,smooth-coated otters, sloth bears, Bengal foxes, honey badgers, spotted linsangs,golden jackals, striped hyenas, jungle cats, Asian palm civets,fishing cats, tallow-throated martens, mongooses, rhinos, elephants, guars, wild boars, hog deer, rhesus monkeys, flying squirrels, and the endangered hispid hare species.|
|Approx. hundred and twenty- three types of the globally threatened species of birds found in Nepal are found into the Chitwan National Park.|