Damodar Kunda trek is situated high up in a rain- shadow area of the mountains north of the famous Annapurna range of the upper Mustang region around Kagbeni and Muktinath. The attitude of the Damodar Kunda is (5400 m). It is a cold and windy area, but also very beautiful views. Barah Puran has narrated by the Damodar kunda’s religious significance. While describing Damodar Kund, River Kaligandaki (black water) can’t be left untouched. River Kaligandaki(black water) has its source at Damodar Kund and throughout its flow to Indian border carries a manifestation of lying holy lord Vishnu with Damodar Kunda jeweled as His auspicious Head and with Muktinath dham as the mouth, holy stone of Nepal Shaligram Chakra as chest KuRu Kshetra of Palpa district as the waist, Devaghatdham as the Knee and lastly the auspicious feet of holy lord Vishnu goes through the credit of Gajendra Moksha Dham, Nawal Parasi. Such as a beautiful elaboration of the holy lord, one may find starting from the auspicious holy lakes of Damodar Kund.
In the 2nd column of Barah Puran; Lord Krishna said, that who pays a visit to this Damodar Kunda and takes a deep-bath, they will be feel freed from all the sin. This is also mentioned in Puran that both sons of Kuber were suffering from their wrongdoing sin, which they did in their previous birth but Lord Krishna said them to take a bath in this Kunda. Immediately after taking a bath in this lake they were released from all their sin. So the importance of a visit to this holy place cannot be described in a short paragraph. From Damodar Kund, the views are the spectacular Himalayas, a bit higher than the lakes, just a short trek up some of the hills. From here you can see the views of Tibetan plateau & Damodar Himal to the north and the massive views of Annapurna to the south. There are 65 peaks in this mountains range including Damodar Himal,bhrikuti peak(6364m) and Muktinath Himal (6,706m), It takes three days to walk through the Northeast of the main Mustang trekking route & very nearby the Tibetan border.
Normally this area is open for visitors from the month of April to September, but the best time to visit this area is during the full moon(which cal in Nepali language Purnima) of August every year, when you can enjoy with a big festival. Many Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims are also there to celebrate the full moon festival.
We (Sherpa expedition and trekking) welcomes you to a serene and highly religious(holy pond) Damodar Kund, Many Hindus from around the world are dreaming to take a holy bath at least once in their lifetime in the holy pond Damodar-Kund, located at the lap of high Himalayas. Here we are at their service to make always their dream come true.
While you are visiting Damodar Kund you are in the land of Mustang, its the hidden kingdom of Himalayas, you will enjoy with a very different culture religion than that of the Indian subcontinent.
- Airport - hotel -airport picks up and drops by private vehicle in Kathmandu.
- Pokhara to Jomsom to Pokhara flight fare.
- Three Star Category hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara on Twin Sharing Basis on BB Plan.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trekking period.
- Best available accommodations during the trek in Teahouse.
- An experienced Government licensed holder guide.
- Tent and Kitchen equipment during the camping period.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa to carry your bags during the trekking 2:1, max 15 KG baggage/porter.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, types of equipment, transportation, local tax for Guide and porters.
- Ground transportation by Tourist coach from Kathmandu to Pokhara -Kathmandu.
- All necessary paper works and Annapurna conservation entry permits special permit (ACAP fees).
- TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System).
- All government taxes and our service charges.
- Farewell Dinner before departure.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your Travel insurance.
- international airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa fee. Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected but not mandatory).
- All kind of drinks (hot, cold and alcoholic) Personal shopping and laundry, etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- Tips for guide and staff(Porter)(Tips to respect)
The Following information will give you some idea about what you need to bring for the trek as the bag pack for the hiking in Nepal and the gear play a vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipment/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are:
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Good to Know
About Nepal Visa formality:
Nepal visas can be normally obtained from the Government of Nepal, Nepalese Embassy or Consulate office situated in your country. You can get a visa from the immigration counter at Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu also on your arrival time or from any other entry point of Nepal. Make sure you have to bring a few sets of your passport size photograph. Visa fees are inexpensive.
You can also request for a visa in a nearer embassy or either you can travel to Nepal and get a visa on arrival at TIA. We will assist you to settle your visa work too.
Accommodation at Kathmandu and Tour:
We offer our clients a star rated accommodation with comfort and standard. You will be amused with us the facility and warm, we offer you including facility like (attached bath, A/C, room as 24 hours running hot and cold shower). During the trek, your accommodation is included Lodge and local tea houses but we (Sherpa expedition and trekking) do our best for providing the best on a twin- sharing b/b plane basis, some tea house is the basic with shared washing and the toilet facilities. If you’ll prefer a single room in Kathmandu and tour you may inform your preference on request and pay a single supplement cost. Contact with us.
Specially Meals and Drinking Water in Nepal:
We extremely provide you only b/b facility in city as preferred in the itinerary schedule. Full board meals is included (breakfast, Lunch, and dinner during the trek). We arrange you the local food from the local tea house Lodge en route chosen from a menu. Breakfast and dinner are to be provided from our team by, the same tea house we would have stay overnight here but lunch would be en route in between the points of stay. You can enjoy with the Nepalese local cultures style cuisine or any other continental food as per required Thakali (typical Nepali food). You are to be giver from pizzas for snacks. Most teahouses provide a variety of rice and noodles dishes, as well as Nepali style soup and a seasonal green vegetable. A variety of cereals, dry bread, and egg dishes are generally available for breakfast during the trek.
Health and Fitness Required for trekking:
Health and wealth are the most important things about traveling or trekking in Nepal. One must possess good physical condition before the trekking and while commencing Himalaya’s trek.
We strongly provide travelers to consult with your medical advisor before trekking and do the regular checkup of your medical adviser health and report us while booking a trip with us Sherpa expedition and trekking.
Travel Insurance from SET:
One of the most important notices for our clients of trekking is travel insurance. To be sufficiently protected in terms of insurance conditions, you will need specialized travel insurance for participation in risky trek activities in Nepal.
Your travel insurance policy is must be covers emergency time, if some need on a trip injury, lost baggage, medical treatment and, theft, lose something from your self liability is recommended. Make sure the insurance covers all the activities during the trek that you will stay undertaking your stay in Nepal such as trekkers and climbing including others trip.
Group Size through the Sherpa expedition and trekking:
We recommend any route of Nepal tour and trek with fix departure basis or personal trip, the minimum group size would be 2 and the maximum group size is 10 or more on request. We can also provide a private trip to who wanted to solo person with single supplement cost. Join our estimated group when the departure dates available online market or ask us(Sherpa expedition and trekking) with your personal suitable dates, we will open group date on the same date as possible.
How to Book Your Trip with Us (Sherpa expedition and trekking:
While if you are wanted to trek or tour through the natural and cultural beauty of Nepal you must have to go through the online product.
If you have a plane to go with us so you can book by online product and want a booking, write and ask through our web site. The information or phone no. on our websites.
Honestly, to be a very clear understanding of the trip by the Sherpa expedition and trekkings services we have also provide online trip booking. Once your trek booking request reached to us (Sherpa expedition and trekking), sincerely we will suggest to our valuable clients, the final trip booking procedure with advance payment of the trip, Non-refundable deposit of 30 percentage (per person) is required to confirm a trek to place on your selected experience of Nepal activities.