Dudh Kunda Home Stay Trekking of Solukhumbu area, despite the fact that it is arranged in lower elevation in contrast with Khumbu Mountain Range, is brave for gifted trekkers and beginners the same. Dudh Kunda Lake which in Nepali truly implies the smooth lake is arranged at the base of Numbur Himal, privately known as Shorong Yul Lha, "Defender of Solu area". The wonderful pool of Dudh Kunda is critical to the Buddhist and Hindu travelers, as it is accepted that in the event that you take a dunk in this sacred lake, the entirety of your wrongdoings will be washed away and your desires will be conceded also! Not just the trek will offer you mind-blowing perspectives on the world's tallest mountains, you will likewise be similarly charmed by the magical blushed rhododendron timberlands. Furthermore, in case you're sufficiently fortunate, you will be visited by the colorful Mountain panther, Thars, Pheasants among others.
Dudh Kunda Home Stay Trekking is less known and unexplored than other trekking courses in this region. A Few voyagers visit it consistently. Be that as it may, it doesn't mean it is less brassy and satisfying. Nonetheless, it is getting the acknowledgment it merits, as of late. Dudh Kunda Trekking course will take you through the traditional trekking courses to Everest base camp, going through the waterway valleys, slim edges, and hearty slopes to the mountains so very close, it will most likely be a trek to recollect.
The Home Stay trekking in the Dudh Kunda district will start after the beautiful trip over to Phaplu and afterward trail towards the Dudh Kunda. We, at Sherpa Expedition and Trekking, offer you a total 9 days bundle, ensuring all your essential civilities will be satisfied and that you make some extraordinary memories in this excellent Himalayan nation. In this way, come visit us and how about we go to encounter a rare trek to the place that is known for great mounts.
- Airport pick up drop by private vehicle.
- Four night’s Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Full board meal during camping, prepared by our cook with tea & coffee.
- Tent and tea house accommodation during the trek.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek. We will provide fully water proof two men tents, dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent.
- Boiled and purified drinking water for the trek.
- Flight Kathmandu-Phaplu-Kathmandu.
- Trekking permit and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) fees.
- A Government Licensed English speaking Guide during the trek, cook, kitchen helper, required number of porters, climbing Sherpa and their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicines and their transport.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Use of sleeping bags, down Jacket, Duffel bag and walking Pole (if you don’t have your own, to be return after the trip complete).
- Government Taxes and official expenses.
- Guided sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu Lunch and dinner.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu). You need 2 passport size photos.
- International airfare.
- Travel & Medical Insurance.
- Hot and Cold drinks, alcoholic beverage and desserts.
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, internet and battery charging.
- Tips for Trekking staff and driver (Tips is expected).
- Excess baggage more than 15kg for Phaplu flight.
The following information will give you some idea about what you need to bring for the trek as the bag pack for the hiking in Nepal and the gear play a vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipment/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are:
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes:
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines:
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable:
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Good to Know
GOOD TO KNOW
Accommodations:You will be accommodating in 3-star hotels in Kathmandu. During the trek, we will be using lodge/ teahouses. You may find comfortable and well- developed teahouses having attached bathroom until Namche as it is the most happening place where thousands of tourists love to spend their holiday. However, not all grade accommodation are available in higher elevation, normally rooms are basic with just a bed and blankets.
Meals during the trek:You will be served BB plan in Kathmandu whereas all meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) will be provided during the trek. A staple food of the Khumbu region is potatoes, oats, buckwheat, Sherpa stew, Tibetan bread it is known that Sherpas’ started farming potato when the first seeds were introduced to the region in the early 90s. That is why we have limited choices of food in higher elevation except the dishes made from potatoes.
Transportation:We use a private car for sightseeing and for the airport to hotel pick and drop. We don’t have to use public transportation or local bus during the trek. Only the flight takes place from Kathmandu to Lukla and back to Kathmandu.
Dudh Kunda Trek is a challenging trek. You have to walk 6-7 hours a day. You don’t need past experience of hiking or trekking but if you have done any kind of trekking activities then it is always a plus point. We have met people from all walks of life, shapes and sizes completing the trek, the only difficult part is when altitude sickness strikes and the effect that it can have in your body.