9 Days Everest Base Camp Trek
Do you want to go to the Everest Base Camp??? but you are short on time and money? If yes then Sherpa Expedition and trekking companies we have the best deal for you. This package of ours is just for you to have. Wondering about the thrill and services, You don't have to worry about that at all. No matter the price and time, We promise to provide you with the best services and equal thrill as of any of our trekking packages. This Everest Base Camp trek in just 9 Days that we have customized from less than 12-16 days EBC.
Especially, for those who are short in time and money but still want to experiment with the thrills of Everest Base Camp in the lowest possible Budget. In this trek you'll be taken to Everest Base Camp through the shortest trekking path. Doesn't matter the path, the level of excitement and joy will still be the same as stated earlier.
- Besty weekend Everest region trip
- Trekking in the famed Everest region
- Short time lifetimes memorable trip
- Visiting Namche Bazaar, the capital of the Sherpas
- Magnificent helicopter ride to Everest Base Camp, Khumbu Glacier, and Kalapatthar
- Watching the world’s highest Mt Everest
The above information is Sherpa Exp Trekking a guide and a standard template of what we provide. Our Sherpa’s team provides a trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: Sherpa Expedition and Trekking company family’s we humbly request dear honor guest, during the trip, weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors that are beyond our control can bring changes in the itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary, the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla
Sherpa Exp & Trekking company families inform that’s; Lukla Airport is situated on a wonderful valley surrounded by high mountains. Due to this reason, landing and taking off from Lukla is considered to be difficult and technical. The weather in the area unpredictable and is likely to change every few hours resulting in flight delays or cancellation.
Twin Otter and Dornier planes are the primary mode of transport to and from the airstrip at Lukla. This service is fairly dependable. However, if flights are canceled due to mountain weather conditions, to Lukla or from Lukla to Kathmandu, we will help you charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your trip and international flight connections. The extra charges incurred are approximately $2,500 to $3,000 USD per helicopter (USD 500 to USD 3,000 per person) would be applicable to you for the helicopter charter. The helicopter takes 4 to 6 passengers at a time and the cost can be shared amongst the passengers. The cost must be paid by the participant, which can later be submitted for reimbursement through the travel insurance company. We can help you with the necessary documents for a claim. Payment for the helicopter must be paid at the time of service by the participant. US dollars cash or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards, American Express) are accepted for helicopter transport. Any card payment requires a 4% bank fee, which goes directly to the bank.
The helicopter can fly if the visibility is 1500m or greater, while the twin otter and Dornier planes can fly if the visibility is 5000m or greater, as per Nepal’s Civil Aviation rules. If the weather is extreme and the visibility is lesser than 1,500m helicopters are also not operated. In such cases, we will reschedule your flight for the next day depending on the availability. If this situation keeps on getting repeated for many days then you would be provided with the alternative trek options.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m). Overnight at a Hotel.
Our representative Sherpa Expedition and Trekking staff will receive you at Tribhuvan International airport, Kathmandu and transfer you to your hotel. In the evening, we will host a pre-trek meeting in our office and introduce you to your trekking guide. For the meeting, please make sure you bring your passport, three copies of passport-size photos and a readable copy of your travel insurance policy. During this meeting, please clear the due balance if any, and sign the legally binding trip form as well as the non-liability disclaimer.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Lukla Scenic Flight and short trek to Phakding. 2,652m/8,700ft.3-4hrs
Our real trek starts after the flight to Lukla from Kathmandu after our early morning breakfast. On our way to Lukla, we will come across many breathtaking sceneries of mountains. After we reach Lukla we will then head towards Pakhding that is around 4 hours of walk. On our way to Pakhding, we will come across beautiful stone walls, painted and non-painted mani stones and much more.
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar Trek 3,440m/11,283ft. 5-6hrs
On this day we trek towards Namche Bazar, one of the beautiful destination on our trek to Everest Base Camp. Overcoming some obstacles we come across Sagarmatha National Park, where you can have proper access to the internet. After walking for a while from there we can have a clear view of Mount Everest. Going up the same path we eventually reach Namche Bazar.
We will be seeing a various different culture, natural beauty also we will be provided with various everyday facilities like Banks, internet cafe, and others since this place being the main gateway to Everest Region. Our accommodation will be arranged in a tea house or lodge with a full board and other facilities.
Day 05: Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar Trek to Pangboche 3930/12850ft, 5-6hrs
This is the perfect place set for "acclimatization". Health Specialists advocate us to stay active and moving during the rest day too instead of being idle. We either spend the day taking a short hike to Thame or visiting Khunde or relaxing and exploring Namche Bazaar itself. Namche Bazaar is the main centre of the Everest (Khumbu) region and has government offices, ATMs, Internet cafes, shops, restaurants, a bakery, and a colourful market each Friday evening and Saturday. If we tend to trek a few hundred vertical feet during the day, it will help us to properly acclimatize. Our guides take us to the Tourist Visitor Center near the headquarter of the Sagarmatha National Park where we can observe an assortment of things related to the first Everest ascenders, Sherpa culture and find out about the varied plant and animal life of the Everest region.
Heading towards Tengboche from Namche, the first view of Ama Dablam, Lhotse Shar, Taboche, Kangtega, and Thamserku is witnessed. Moving forward, we pass by an Army Barrack at Phunke Tenga and arrive at Tengboche In lunchtime. After your lunch in Tengboche is famous for the Buddhist Monastery, we visit and explore the monastery Then treks another 2 hourAscending along the stone steps, we see the National Park Head Office as we pass by Deboche. Following up the path, we reach Pangboche where a religious place called Pangboche Gompa exists. Our accommodation would be in a tea house or lodge on full board basis.
Day 06: PangbocheTrek to Thukla 4620m/15110ft
After Breakfast In Pangboche we Ascending along the stone steps, up Following path, we reach Horse and Sonora, Pheriche which is lunch place in our treks. Walking over some flat trails, surpassing tea shops, we arrive at Thukla. Here, you get teahouse or lodge accommodation on a full board basis.
Day 07: Thukla Trek to Everest base camp 5170 m/16,961 ft and 5364 m/17,594 ft. 6-7hrs
After breakfast at Thukla then Climbing high, we follow Everest Base Camp Trek trail and come across Pyramid, Lobuche pass at 5110m, and Gorak Shep Tsho Lake at Gorakshep. We have lunch at Gorakshep and stepping up, passing by Camp and Pumori B.C., we reach Everest Base Camp (5364). We come back to Gorakshep for an overnight stay in a tea house or lodge on full board basis.
Day 08: Climb Kalapatthar and trek back to Pheriche 5,644.5 m (18,519 ft)
In order to snap in the breathtaking morning view, the sun rays over the snow-capped Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and others, we walk towards Kala Patthar at an altitude of 5550m. From Kala Patthar, we descend towards Dingboche via Lobuche and reach Pheriche. Walking down from Pheriche, We stay at Pheriche you get teahouse or lodge accommodation on a full board basis.
Day 09: Trek back to Namche Bazar 3,440m/11,283ft. 5 to 6 hrs Walk
As the trail descends, the travel is easier and faster in pace. Following back the same trail with stone walls around, passing by places like Deboche, and Tengboche, we arrive at Phunke Tenga. Heading downwards and crossing a suspension bridge over the Dudh Koshi River, this trek onwards to the Namche Bazaar. Views of peaks like Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Tawache and Lhotse are stunning from here. We stay here for an overnight in a tea house or lodge where you get meals on a full board basis.
Day 10: Namche to Lukla Trek
From Namche, we walk back downhill and reach Monju. Following back the same trail towards Lukla via Phakding and the same glorious views as well the Sherpa valleys around, we step in Lukla. We will stroll around the Lukla and also reconfirm the flight ticket on this day. Enjoying the very last moments of our Everest Base Camp Trek, we celebrate and have dinner with the crew members. We stay in a hotel at night where you will get meals on a full board basis.
Day 11: Fly back to Kathmandu 1,300m/4,264 ft. 30 to 40 minutes of flight
We will take in Lukla to Kathmandu flight that is around 30 to 40 minutes. You will meet the team of Imperial Nepal who will drop you at the Hotel you stayed before (unless changed). As this is the last day, we enjoy the farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with live music and rejoice the moments.
Day 12: Transfer to the International Airport for Your Final Flight Departure.
Your adventure in Nepal comes to an end today! There is nothing to do but trade emails with your travel companions and organize your photos. A representative from Sherpa Expedition and Trekking will take you to the airport, approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight. On your way home you'll have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in the wonderful country of Nepal.
The Following information will give you some idea about what you need to bring for the trek as the bag pack for the hiking in Nepal and the gear play a vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipment/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are:
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)ve 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and a wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
(Note our company guide will carry the medicines and first aid kits during the trek. However, we recommend better to bring your personal first-aid kit as well)
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
1. Trekking equipment
The Following information will give you some idea about what you need to bring for the trek as the backpack for the hiking in Nepal and the gear play a vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipment/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are:
- Good down Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you do not have on your own and it is to be returned after the trek.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag to keep your all the gear and this will be carried by the porters.
- Daypack bag for yourself
- A down Jacket
- Shade hat
- Warm wool hat to cover your ears
- A pair of lightweight warm gloves.
- T-shirts 2- 3 pieces
- Lightweight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket.
- Fleece Wind-proved jacket (optional).
- A pair’s nylon hiking shorts which are quick drying one
- Two pairs of lightweight long underwear.
- Two pairs trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts
- Four pairs of liner warm socks
- A pair of light to medium weight waterproof hiking/trekking boots.
- A pair of light trekking shoes for camp/lodges
- A pair sandal (Optional)
- A water bottle.
- Head/Torch Light.
2. Medicines and First Aid Kits
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude-related headaches like DMX.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Imodium or Peptone besom, Flexon capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
- Diamox 125 or 250mg or 400mg tablets for altitude sickness.
- 1 small personal sized first-aid kit with blister treatments such as moleskin, band-aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.(Sherpa expedition and Trekking company's team also provide first aid kits)
3. Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip care (Balm) At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sun’s cream with SPF 40 is recommended
- Pocket knife.
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kits and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.
Note Regarding Itineraries:
Although we generally adhere to the schedule, the itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control, including weather and terrain conditions, suitable campsite availability, and the group's general fitness level. It is important to understand that our trek is logistically complex and it is not unusual that adjustments be made. Our guide will orient you each evening to the following day's plan and their good judgment is the key to the long history of successful treks that Sherpa Expedition & Trekking Pvt. Ltd. Please remember that our ability to make adjustments as needed helps to ensure that your trek is safe and successful. Your safety is paramount.