Gokyo lake trek is the perfect destination in Everest region for those who detest crowds and expecting for jaw dropping scenery.
Gokyo lake trek is the Second Most popular destination in Everest Region which offers an alternative to the traditional trek to Everest base camp. The view in the Gokyo region is incredible. The trekking trail follows the Everest base camp route till Sanasa, next to tea house place from Kangjuma after leaving Namche Bazar. Then the trail continuously goes through the left side of the Dudh Koshi River to its source, couple of lakes and Ngozumpa Glacier. Gokyo village (4750m) is more satisfying destination than Gorak Shep, a proper Sherpa village with a huge herd of Yaks. Gokyo Ri (5360m) is sometimes also called Kala Pattar because it offers a breathtaking panoramic view of Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu and mesmerizing three sacred lakes (Dudh Pokhari, Tanjung Tso and Longpongma so).Most of the trekkers want to include Gokyo Lake in their itineraries whether they are trekking to Everest base camp or doing three passes because of its amazing scenery.
Highlights of Gokyo Valley Trek
- Gokyo Ri features the panoramic view of Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cholatse and Taboche, with the Ngozumpa Glacier.
- The sacred lake of six languid pools that surround Gokyo.
- You will see the herd of yak and mountain goat grazing over the hills and mountain.
What is Included:
- Hotel / Airport pick up & drop off by private car / van / bus.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included.
- All your standard meals during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Local licensed English and other language speaking guides. (We have guides for different language including Russian, etc.)
- Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and back to Kathmandu.
- Local staffs and porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Down jackets-sleeping bags and comprehensive medical kits.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, and medicine for all staffs.
- Inclusive of government tax.
- Official expenses.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National Park permits fee.
What is Excluded:
- All meals (lunch and dinner) in City or the Capital.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory)
- International airfares and airport departure tax.
- Visa fees.
- Alcoholic, cold and hot drinks, chocolate and laundry.
- Wifi and battery charge.
- Personal trekking types of equipment.
- Certain sightseeing/monument entrance fees.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in the above section.
- Tips for trekking staffs and driver. (Note: Tipping is expected)
The Following information will give you some idea about what you need to bring for the trek as the bag pack for the hiking in Nepal and the gear play a vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipment/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are:
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and a wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, et
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Good to Know
You will be accommodating in 3-star hotels in Kathmandu. During the trek, we will be using lodge/ teahouses. You may find comfortable and well- developed teahouses having attached bathroom until Namche as it is the most happening place where thousands of tourist love to spend their holiday. However, not all grade accommodation are available in higher elevation, normally rooms are basic with just a bed and blankets.
Meals during the trek:
You will be served BB plan in Kathmandu whereas all meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) will be provided during the trek. A staple food of Khumbu region are potatoes, oats, buckwheat, Sherpa stew, Tibetan bread it is known that Sherpas’ started farming potato when the first seeds were introduced to the region in the early 90s. That is why we have limited choices of food in higher elevation except the dishes made from potatoes.
Best season to travel:
Gokyo Valley Trek is usually done in autumn (Sept. to November) and spring (March to May) seasons, you are much more likely to get to see the clear view of mountains and can also enjoy lush vegetation on the lower regions of the trail particularly during the spring season.
We use a private car for sightseeing and for the airport to hotel pick and drop. We don’t have to use public transportation or local bus during the trek. Only the flight takes place from Kathmandu to Lukla and back to Kathmandu.