"The Gosainkunda Trek takes hikes to 1 of Nepal's most stunning lake of identical name, located 14,374 feet higher than water level."
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek may be a pure range trek. it's an incredible and short trek. it's within the comparatively quiet space of the Langtang region. Langtang region is simply a day’s journey from the capital of Nepal. The trek starts from Syabrubesi. The Syabrubesi is a noteworthy village close to the Bhotekoshi watercourse. This space is sort of pristine and remote as compared to Annapurna and Mt. Everest region. Langtang-Gosainkunda is found about to the Tibetan border. This space is basined by a natural covering mountain. It culminates at the height of Langtang Himal. The lake melts and zippers right down to kind the Trishuli watercourse It remains frozen for 6 months in winter, October to June. There square measure 108 lakes during this space. they're little to medium in size.
Langtang-Gosainkunda Pass Trek offers to look at the beautiful, stunning holy lakes of Gosaikunda. it's thought of holy by each Hindus and Buddhist. several Hindu peoples travel to possess a holy bathtub within the lakes throughout the August phase of the moon. it's celebrated as a competition of Janai Purnima. The journey starts exploring Tamang heritage. Tamang Heritage is settled between the Langtang and Ganapati Himal. The trek offers the chance to look at the culture of Tamang peoples. Trekkers will have direct interaction with them and their traditions, lifestyle, and language.
The attracting a part of Langtang Gosaikunda pass trek may be a gas read of natural covering mountains, ice mass, and live animals. The blooming filled with rhododendrons, alpine forest, and bamboo forest square measure seen on the manner. This makes the place a lot of stunning and spectacular. you will see the panda and alternative totally different colorful birds.
Langtang-Gosainkunda Pass Trek may be a classic trekking route in Langtang region. This region is the home ground of many lives. The life obtainable during this space is that the range black bear, the mountain goat-like range Tahr, macaque, and red pandas. Gosaikunda is actually a noteworthy place for native holidaymaker likewise. Some fitness and adjustment square measure extremely needed for the trekking.
We will go down through the steeply terraced rural area to the Shivapuri park. it's simply north of the capital of Nepal. the world is home to Tamang, Himalayish and Chhetri folks and maybe a marvelous example of Nepal’s harmonious ethnic diversity.
Spring and fall square measure the simplest trekking season for the trekking and mountain climbing in the Asian nation. The weather is usually clear. The temperature is moderate that offers stunning views with nonobstructive. Spring collects stunning flowers, plants, and rare animals. Walking is additionally abundantly appropriate throughout this season. Langtang is often comfy to trek even in winter season.
We suggest you be versatile with things to relish yourself. several national and international tourists visited here through the Asian nation Pioneer trek. it's distinctive, silent, crowd-free and extremely counseled trek. SherpaExpedition and Trekking square measure glad to work this trek for you to form it your life expertise.
Highlights of Gosainkunda Trek
- Explore a Dozen Lake and Gosainkunda Lake.
- Trek through the habits of Musk Deer, Barking Deer, and Red panda.
- Pass through the rhododendron forest and explore the Tamang villages.
- Amazing views of Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Saning Himal, Dorje Lakpa Himalchuliand many more.
- Sunset view from Laurebina.
- Explore the Langtang National Park.
- Delve into influenced Culture and visit Sing Gompa.
Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu.
Upon on your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, one of our Sherpa Expedition and Trekking staff will be there to warm greeting you with a beautiful garland that is our respect and the culture to welcome to the new stranger. After welcoming you our staff will transfer to you to the hotel. After your long journey on a plane, you may get tired, so be fresh and take a bit rest, then our manager will come to meet you to the hotel and talk about the plan of your trip details.
Day 02: Trek Preparation.
Today, our manager will come to meet you at the hotel at 10.00 AM. He will brief about the trip in detail, introduce with the guide and provide you with all the documents. You will be free in the afternoon and manage your time for trek preparation. Our guide will meet you at your hotel at six O’ clock in the evening then take you for well come dinner. After having dinner, drop you to the hotel and stay overnight.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi.
Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi. It takes 67 hours. The road from Kathmandu to Trisuli is good, then after that not so good, up and down. You can enjoy the scenery, rivers, Mountains and several villages when you are traveling by bus. After the long drive you reach Dhunche (The headquarter of Rasuwa District), then one hour drive to Syabrubensi. Syabrubensi has a number of lodges, you can stay there overnight.
Day 04: Trek from Syabrubensi to Lama Hotel.
Syabrubensi to Lama Hotel. Today is your first-day trek. You should be prepared the things what you need for the day on your day bag, then packed the Duffle bag after breakfast. Every day you should start your walk after breakfast. The trek to Lama Hotel takes normally 56 hours. First, you should cross the Bhotekoshi then walk on the other side of Langtang valley and follow the bank of the Langtang Khola. The scenery is spectacular. You can pass the villages like as Dovan, Bamboo, Rimche and reach Lama Hotel at 2470m then stay overnight there.
Day 05: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Village.
Lama Hotel to Langtang. Today is your second-day trek. You feel much better than the last day because your body adjusting to the environment and the trail also more open. You can see the Langtang Lirung at the first time from Ghode Tabala. The trail from Lama Hotel to Ghode Tabala should walk through the Rhododendron forest. There is a national park office as well. Today you trek an hour approximately four to five then you reach in Langtang Village at 3450m, then stay overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Trek from Langtang village to Kyanjin Gompa.
Langtang Village to Kyanjin Gompa. The trek today is very easy, short day trek, just takes about three hours, but you should be very slow because you are gaining more altitude. The trail very nice and gentle, the valley more open, can enjoy more mountain then reach in Kyanjin Gompa at3800m in the afternoon. After lunch, if you would like to walk more, you can hike to Kyanjin RI and back to the hotel and stay overnight.
Day 07: Acclimatization day at Kyanjin Gompa.
Rest day. Today is your rest day. A rest day does not mean sleep all the time. You should explore the day looking around, walk a couple of hours. The plan today go to Cherko RI and enjoy the mountain views from there if you are fine and can manage. It takes five to six hours to go and back. The best view place in Langtang Region. After enjoying the views, back to the hotel and stay overnight there.
Day 08: Trek from Kyanjin Gompa to Rimche.
Kyanjin Gompa to Rimche. The trek today, you should back the same way. It takes about a six-hour walk. Rimche is 20 minutes further from the Lama Hotel and stays overnight there.
Day 09: Trek from Rimche to Thulo Syabru.
Rimche to Thulo Syabru. You should follow the same trail descend until to the Pahiro then separate the trail to Thulo Syabru. The trail now ascends about one and a half hour, then drop down, cross the bridge, then ascend again to reach the Thulo Syabru, bigger Tamang village and stay overnight there.
Day 10: Trek from Thulo Syabru to Chandanbari.
Thulo Syabru to Chandanbari. The trail today climb up about three hours, then gradual another two hours. It takes about a five-hour walk. You should walk through the forest. The mountain views and the scenery both are spectacular. The Chandanbari is very famous for the cheese factory. You can taste the fresh cheese there and stay overnight at hotel.
Day 11: Trek from Chandanbari to Gosainkund.
Chandanbari to Gosainkunda. Today you should ascend a lot. You feel more tired than the last few days because of gaining more altitude. The trail more gradual but you should climb long hours. You can enjoy the mountain views from Lauribinayak pass. You can observe Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Annapurna mountain and several peaks around there. Today you should walk five to six hours to reach Gosainkunda at 4100m. The views from the hotel very nice. You can look around the lakes and enjoy it, then stay overnight at a hotel.
Day 12: Trek from Gosainkund to Ghopte.
Gosainkund to Ghopte. Today you should start the trek earlier than usual because you should do the Gosainkund Pass at 4610 m. It takes about two to three hours walk to get to the top. After you are getting success to the Gosainkund Pass, you can take some photographs for the good memory, then back down to the other side of the Helambu trekking trail. The train after the pass narrow and rocks. You should be careful while you are walking. Near to the Ghopte area, an Australian trekker got lost in 1991 and was not found for 43 days. Nearby that place where a Thai International Air Bus became lost in 1992 and crashed into a mountain. Today you should walk approximately six hours, then reach to Ghopte at 3440m and stay overnight there.
Day 13: Trek from Ghopte to Kutumsang.
Ghopte to Kutumsang. Today you should walk about six hours. You should ascend about three hours to reach to Thadepati at 3690m. This is a very nice viewpoint for the mountains and scenery of the Helambu area. After enjoying the views, you should descend all the way to Kutumsang and stay overnight there.
Day 14: Trek from Kutumsang to Chisapani.
Kutumsang to Chisapani. Today the trail both up and down. You can enjoy the scenery and the countryside. You can pass so many villages, different ethnic groups are inhabited there. Today you should walk about six to seven hours. Finally, you arrive in Chisopani. Chisopani is a very nice place for the mountain views. Especially morning views and the sunrise are the best from this place then stay overnight there.
Day 15: Trek from Chisapani Sundarijal then drive to Kathmandu.
Chisapani to Kathmandu. Today you have a very nice and easy day. It takes about four hours walk to get to Sundarijal. In the beginning, you should ascend up to the Shivapuri then descend all the way until to Sundarijal. You can enter the Shivapuri Wild Life Protected Area, can enjoy the scenery and can see wild animals, birds, and other spices. You can catch the bus from Sundarijal to Kathmandu. It takes about an hour, then transfers to the hotel. Our manager will come to meet you at your hotel and take you for a farewell dinner. After dinner drops you to the hotel and stays overnight there.
Day 16: Departure day.
Depart for Home. Our driver and Sherpa Expedition and Trekking staff will come to your hotel for final departure to the International Airport. Wish you have a nice and safe journey back home.
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
(Note our company guide will carry the medicines and first aid kits during the trek. However, we recommend better to bring your personal first-aid kit as well)
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
1. Trekking equipment
The Following information will give you some idea about what you need to bring for the trek as the backpack for the hiking in Nepal and the gear play a vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipment/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are:
- Good down Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you do not have on your own and it is to be returned after the trek.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag to keep your all the gear and this will be carried by the porters.
- Daypack bag for yourself
- A down Jacket
- Shade hat
- Warm wool hat to cover your ears
- A pair of lightweight warm gloves.
- T-shirts 2- 3 pieces
- Lightweight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket.
- Fleece Wind-proved jacket (optional).
- A pair’s nylon hiking shorts which are quick drying one
- Two pairs of lightweight long underwear.
- Two pairs trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts
- Four pairs of liner warm socks
- A pair of light to medium weight waterproof hiking/trekking boots.
- A pair of light trekking shoes for camp/lodges
- A pair sandal (Optional)
- A water bottle.
- Head/Torch Light.
2. Medicines and First Aid Kits
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude-related headaches like DMX.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Imodium or Peptone besom, Flexon capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
- Diamox 125 or 250mg or 400mg tablets for altitude sickness.
- 1 small personal sized first-aid kit with blister treatments such as moleskin, band-aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.(Sherpa expedition and Trekking company's team also provide first aid kits)
3. Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip care (Balm) At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sun’s cream with SPF 40 is recommended
- Pocket knife.
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kits and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.
Note Regarding Itineraries:
Although we generally adhere to the schedule, the itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control, including weather and terrain conditions, suitable campsite availability, and the group's general fitness level. It is important to understand that our trek is logistically complex and it is not unusual that adjustments be made. Our guide will orient you each evening to the following day's plan and their good judgment is the key to the long history of successful treks that Sherpa Expedition & Trekking Pvt. Ltd. Please remember that our ability to make adjustments as needed helps to ensure that your trek is safe and successful. Your safety is paramount.