"Humla Limi Valley is a hidden area of Humla before Tibet border, trek to Humla limi valley and explore peace mind Buddhist culture in the nature is a good experience."
The Humla Limi Valley trek only opened for foreigners in 2002 the Tibet border also in the far west of Nepal. It follows the pilgrim route over challenging trails and high mountains passes. In order to protect the fragile ecosystem of the Limi Valley, only the limited permits are issued every year, it keeping the number of visitors down there, and ensuring the fauna and flora of the area remains intact for visitors to come. This is one of last such thing wilderness trekking area, tucked away inside the Humla District where century-old Buddhist traditions still exist and the people of the north-western part of the district. Their Tibetan neighbors to the north, their Hindu neighbors in the south-east part of the Humla district. On this trek, not only for hikers see the great mountains of Kanjirowa, Saipal, Api Himal, Byas, Rishi, and Kanti in Nepal, but also see the holy Mount Kailash across the border in Tibet. The trail goes through the yak pastures, cultivated land, along waterfalls and rivers down ravines and through wonderful villages area. At the viewpoint of Yak Kharka (4,900m), there are amazing views of Mount Kailash which located in Tibet.
Until very recently it was possible to continue this trek with the traditional trekking trail to Mt Kailash, but its practice has been stopped by the Chinese Government. Evidence of the ties between Humla(Nepal) and Tibet(China) can be seen by the prayer flags and mani(holy stones) that line the trails as well as the wonderful stone (Tibetan style) villages, and the 1,000-year-old Rising Ling Gompa. Possible wildlife on views of marmot, Himalayan wolf, wild mountain yak, and Himalayan black bears. Of the snow leopard, rare mammals, and blue sheep are known to live in this area.
This wonderful trek highlights a different part of Nepal than that seen in some of the more famous trekking routes. It also gives a glimpse into the amazing land of Tibet without having to go through the formalities of visa to getting there! The pristine sights and sounds of this trek more makeup for the challenging trekking with some long days.
- Airport pickup and drop by private vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj-Simikot-Kathmandu flight fare.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with B/B plan.
- All accommodation (Tea house/tent Camp) during the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek.
- All necessary paper works for special Humla trekking permit, National Park Entry Permit Fee and TIMS card.
- A highly experienced and knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Sherpa guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, and insurance.
- Friendly and strong porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation, and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box for trekking staff.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Assistant guide group size of more than 6 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in a typical Nepalese restaurant at Kathmandu.
- International Airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and nonalcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter, and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Excess baggage more than 12 kg.from Nepaljung to Simikot flight. (If you have extra baggage you can leave in Kathmandu office with full safety)
The Following information will give you some idea about what you need to bring for the trek as the bag pack for the hiking in Nepal and the gear play a vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipment/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are:
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)