"The Gosainkunda Trek takes hikes to 1 of Nepal's most stunning lake of identical name, located 14,374 feet higher than water level."
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek may be a pure range trek. it's an incredible and short trek. it's within the comparatively quiet space of the Langtang region. Langtang region is simply a day’s journey from the capital of Nepal. The trek starts from Syabrubesi. The Syabrubesi is a noteworthy village close to the Bhotekoshi watercourse. This space is sort of pristine and remote as compared to Annapurna and Mt. Everest region. Langtang-Gosainkunda is found about to the Tibetan border. This space is basined by a natural covering mountain. It culminates at the height of Langtang Himal. The lake melts and zippers right down to kind the Trishuli watercourse It remains frozen for 6 months in winter, October to June. There square measure 108 lakes during this space. they're little to medium in size.
Langtang-Gosainkunda Pass Trek offers to look at the beautiful, stunning holy lakes of Gosaikunda. it's thought of holy by each Hindus and Buddhist. several Hindu peoples travel to possess a holy bathtub within the lakes throughout the August phase of the moon. it's celebrated as a competition of Janai Purnima. The journey starts exploring Tamang heritage. Tamang Heritage is settled between the Langtang and Ganapati Himal. The trek offers the chance to look at the culture of Tamang peoples. Trekkers will have direct interaction with them and their traditions, lifestyle, and language.
The attracting a part of Langtang Gosaikunda pass trek may be a gas read of natural covering mountains, ice mass, and live animals. The blooming filled with rhododendrons, alpine forest, and bamboo forest square measure seen on the manner. This makes the place a lot of stunning and spectacular. you will see the panda and alternative totally different colorful birds.
Langtang-Gosainkunda Pass Trek may be a classic trekking route in Langtang region. This region is the home ground of many lives. The life obtainable during this space is that the range black bear, the mountain goat-like range Tahr, macaque, and red pandas. Gosaikunda is actually a noteworthy place for native holidaymaker likewise. Some fitness and adjustment square measure extremely needed for the trekking.
We will go down through the steeply terraced rural area to the Shivapuri park. it's simply north of the capital of Nepal. the world is home to Tamang, Himalayish and Chhetri folks and maybe a marvelous example of Nepal’s harmonious ethnic diversity.
Spring and fall square measure the simplest trekking season for the trekking and mountain climbing in the Asian nation. The weather is usually clear. The temperature is moderate that offers stunning views with nonobstructive. Spring collects stunning flowers, plants, and rare animals. Walking is additionally abundantly appropriate throughout this season. Langtang is often comfy to trek even in winter season.
Highlights of Gosainkunda Trek
- Explore a Dozen Lake and Gosainkunda Lake.
- Trek through the habits of Musk Deer, Barking Deer, and Red panda.
- Pass through the rhododendron forest and explore the Tamang villages.
- Amazing views of Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Saning Himal, Dorje Lakpa Himalchuliand many more.
- Sunset view from Laurebina.
- Explore the Langtang National Park.
- Delve into influenced Culture and visit Sing Gompa.
- Two nights' accommodation in Kathmandu with twin sharing at tourist standard hotel(Bed and Breakfast)
- All Ground and air transportation.
- Full board meal 3 times a day (B+L+D) during the trek days including tea & coffee (served in a cup).
- English speaking trekking guide who has been authorized by the government and a necessary number of porters(According to the group size) with their insurance, salary, accommodation, and meals.
- welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu with Cultural show. (Ethnic music and dance)
- All the necessary official documents, Langtang National Park Permit TIMS Permit, Trekking Permit etc.
- Sleeping bags and down jackets if necessary.
- First Aid kit.
- Trekking Route map.
- Insurance of Guide and Porters.
- All require local and government tax.
- Nepal Visa fee and International flight.
- Meal except for Breakfast in Kathmandu.
- All personal expenses such as bar bills, water, extra tea/coffee, snacks, battery re-charge, laundry service, etc.
- Personal clothing and gears.
- Tips to guide and porters.
- Cost raised by flight cancellation, emergency rescue charges, landslide, weather, political unrest, illness, re-routing etc which are not under our control.
- Monument entrance fees.
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Good to Know
You will be accommodated in a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu. While on the trek, you will be spending your nights in teahouses/lodges. The devastating earthquake destroyed the Langtang Valley, many settlements were affected, however, Langtang valley was re-set up and good accommodation can be found during your stay in Langtang valley. At higher elevation, quality accommodations are hard to find so; we have to adjust in basic rooms. All accommodation is on a twin sharing basis.
Meals and drinks during the trek
Breakfast will be served in Kathmandu. During your long trek, you will enjoy authentic Nepalese food, and International cuisines like pasta, pizza, potatoes items, and the most preferred dish is Dal Bhat (Lentil and Rice). Along with your trek, you will get spring water to have so we recommend you bring water purifying tablets or you have options of buying mineral water and boiled water.
Experience and Physical fitness
Trekking in Nepal for Langtang Gosainkunda Pass is eventually challenging as you trek higher in rocky routes. You will have to walk 6-7 hours a day and this trek demands a good level of physical fitness. If you are a first-time traveler make sure you do a regular exercise before embarking but do not push yourself hard. Prior experience of trekking is always a plus.
Best season to Travel
Autumn (September – November), and Spring (March-May) are considered as the best and busiest seasons of the year. The weather in these seasons is highly pleasant and favorable for long walks.