"The Langtang Valley has long been a favorite trek due to its expansive views, authentic Tamang culture, heartwarming hospitality, and accessibility from Kathmandu".
Before the 2015 earthquakes, the trail through Langtang, Helambu, and Manaslu were favorite options for trekkers looking for a short, sharp dose of Himalayan trekking without the hassle of flying to distant trailheads. Unfortunately, the devastating earthquake that took place in April 2015 had an enormous effect on the region, but aid and reconstruction have recently reopened this valley to trekking again. Not only it is a beautiful trek, but your visit will also provide vital support for local livelihoods.
Langtang trek is a trek with real heart. The Langtang Valley is considered as one of the most beautiful places in Nepal and was once the darling of trekkers seeking stunning landscapes and authentic culture along with heartwarming hospitality — all within easy reach of Kathmandu.
However, the visitors are less these days in the Valley as the people of Langtang are continuing to rebuild their lives after the 2015 earthquake. Survivors of the landslides caused by the devastating earthquake were forced to leave the valley, but now they have come back to reclaim their homeland, rebuild their homes and re-establish their farms.
Trekking in this picturesque valley will support the people by providing much-needed income to rebuild in a sustainable manner and secure way. This is not a charity but a business end of sustainable travel, where your travel choices can respectfully support local people while preserving their dignity, their culture and their way of life. Be wowed by nature, be humbled by the human spirit and be a part of local solutions when you choose to trek in Langtang Valley.
The trek starts at the small town of Syabru Besi. You will trek through magnificent forests to the high alpine meadows and yak pastures around Kyangjin Gompa (a Buddhist monastery). After an (optional) day hike up to the top of Kyangjin Ri (peak), where the 360-degree views of the Himalayan mountains are truly spectacular, you retrace your route back down the valley and drive back to Kathmandu. If you want to shorten your trip and running out of the time then consider adding a helicopter ride from Kyanjin, this will surely prevent you from retracing the route all the way back, you'll experience an unforgettable view that can't be had any other way.
Contact our specialists if you are interested in doing the Langtang Trek, who will arrange your trek in an organized manner.
Highlights of Langtang Valley Trek
- Panoramic views of 10 peaks over 6000m.
- Visit Buddhist Tibetan village at Langtang Valley
- Stunning views points of Chorkari Ri 5050m.
- less tourist trek with intact Tibetan culture and the option of climbing up to 5,000m.
- Moderate to difficult with rugged trail forest walking and altitude over 3,000m.
What's Cost Includes
- Airport pickup and drop services on a private vehicle
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi and back to Kathmandu in local bus
- Food all along the trip(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea) and accommodations during the trip in hotels with a family environment
- Licensed English or Chinese or Korean or Hindi along with Nepali speaking trekking guide
- Transportation, food, accommodation, and insurance of Guide during the trip
- Down jacket, all-season sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map(in case if you don't have your own. Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag must be returned after completion of the trip)
- First Aid Medical Kit(Carried by the guide)
- All the required permits and paper works( Langtang National park permit, TIMS etc)
- Welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant(complimentary)
- A nation-wide operated Mobile SIM Card and a map of the trekking region
What's Cost Excludes
- International Airfare
- Your Visa Charges
- Hotel Expenses(In Kathmandu)
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc
- Food and accommodations in Kathmandu
- Services not mentioned or not promised by the agent/agency
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on the charted helicopter.
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Good to Know
A beautiful Langtang Valley was destroyed by a devastating earthquake that took place on April 2015, plenty of settlements were affected, within a short period of time; the valley was re-setup with plenty of comfortable lodges. You will be accommodating in a 3-star hotel during your stay in Kathmandu and the rest of your days in the teahouses/lodges.
Meals and drinks during the trek
You will be served Breakfast in Kathmandu. Teahouses of this trail serve you authentic Nepalese food and International cuisine. All meals are included (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trek. We recommend you bring water purifying pills; however, you have options of buying bottled water. Note that whenever you use bottled water make sure to throw in a trash bin.
Langtang trek is a moderate trek suitable for all walkers who enjoy walking 6-7 hours a day. Exercising regularly two-three weeks before embarking is a good idea to enhance your strength and stability. First-time travelers do not require past trekking experience, but it is always a plus point if you have done before.
Best season to travel
Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to December) are usually known as the best season to do a Langtang Trek. You are much more likely to see clear views throughout the year however we do not suggest you travel in monsoon season.