During this trek, you get a chance to see a village constructed in the Tibetan-style and the opportunity to visit and explore temples and water spouts in Muktinath—the place equally religiously important to Buddhist and Hindus. You will experience the sudden change in the climate as you make your way to Manang with a more dry and cold climate. This is the perfect trekking package for all those trekkers who want to experience walking in a relatively underrated area and who are seeking adventure, pure culture, a refreshing new climate and vegetation, magnificent views of Annapurna range and the beauty of tranquil Tilicho Lake.
Tilicho base camp trek is a wonderful package of trekking in the Annapurna Region, Manang, and Mustang, with the adventure of trekking through the Thorong La Pass and visiting the highest altitude lake in the world—the Tilicho Lake.
The 16-day itinerary starts after your arrival in Kathmandu. From there you will drive to Chamje and then start trekking towards Dharapani. through Chame, Pisang and finally reaching Manang. From Manang, you will leave for Khangsar and then head towards the Tilicho Base Camp. Next, you will visit Tilicho Lake spending some time there before returning back to Tilicho Base Camp. The next day you will head towards Yak Kharka. After leaving Thorang Phedi you will cross the Thorong La Pass and reach Muktinath and then trek towards Jomsom where you will catch a flight to Pokhara, and through another flight the next day you shall reach Kathmandu.
Sherpa Expedition and Trekking is a leading trekking agency in Nepal that has been taking trekkers across Nepal to numerous destinations. We are a group of proactive, dynamic, and well-informed members working to help you make the most out of our trekking packages. Remember us for your trek in Nepal. Four decades of experience ensures you get the best available advice and the memorable experience in Nepal.
Highlights of the Tilicho Base Camp Trek
- Tilicho Base Camp Trek is one of the rewarding and challenging trips in your life.
- Climb to Tilicho Lake nestled at foot of the Annapurna range.
- This trek is situated 4,920m from the sea level and one of the highest lakes in the world.
- Manang and Kali Gandaki valleys over the Thorang-La Pass 5,416m.
- Encounter a wide Annapurnas range of landscape are Buddhist and Hindus sites.
- Pick up and drop from airport/ hotel/airport.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in a 3-star hotel.
- Half day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu.
- Necessary Land Transport (Domestic only)
- All Accommodation during Trekking (guest House/lodge)
- Food during Trekking (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner )
- A professional Sherpa Guide with Government License
- Sherpa porter who will carry your baggage(2 people 1 sherpa porter)
- Necessary Trekking permits/ National park permit
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management system) card
- Necessary Equipment (sleeping bag and Down Jacket)
- Food, salary Transport, clothing for Guide and Porter
- First aid kit from Sherpa Expeditions and Trekking.
- Insurance for Guide and Porter
- Necessary flight tickets (domestic only).
- Rescue Help in case of emergency (paid by your travel insurance)
- Farewell dinner with a cultural show.
- All program as per Itinerary
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Any kinds of Drinks( soft and Hard Drinks)
- Visa, international flight ticket
- Kathmandu monuments fees.
- Personal Nature expenses
- Tips for Staffs
- Rescue and Evacuation cost
The Following information will give you some idea about what you need to bring for the trek as the bag pack for the hiking in Nepal and the gear play a vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipment/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are.
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)ve 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- The warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and a wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Good to Know
In cities like Kathmandu and Pokhara accommodation will be in a 3-star category hotel. While on a trek, you will be accommodated in teahouses or lodges. Trekking in higher elevation is not only physically demanding but equally hard to adjust as well, you should be aware of the services teahouses provide, the accommodation is quite basic with a bed and blankets. However, we provide you the best possible accommodation along the way.
Meals and drinks during the trek
Your first meal of a day starts with plentiful western breakfast during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On the trek, teahouses provide you breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. A variety of rice, noodle, egg dishes, and seasonal vegetables are available in most of the teahouses. We highly recommend you to buy water purifying pills as you get to have stream water; however, you have an option of buying mineral water and boiled water at an additional cost. Note that, purchasing plastic bottled water is not eco-friendly.
Trekking in higher altitude is physically challenging so you should be moderately fit, used to some exercises and enjoy walking in the high altitude conditions. Regular exercise prior to the trekking will be helpful for both novice walkers and experienced trekkers.
Best time to travel
Autumn (September – December), spring (from late February – May), are the best season to do a Tilicho Base Camp trek. This trek is suitable throughout the year; however, we do not recommend you to travel during the monsoon seasons, as it is not considered good season both for views and trails.