Tilicho Lake and Mesokanta Pass Trek is a wonderful package of trekking in the Annapurna Region, Manang, Mustang, with an adventure of making through the Thorong La Pass, and visiting the only lake situated at the highest altitude in the world—the Tilicho Lake.
During this trek, you shall also get the chance to see the village constructed in Tibetan-style. You shall get the opportunity to visit and explore Temples and water spouts in Muktinath—the place religiously important to Buddhist and Hindus equally. You shall experience the sudden change in the climate as you make to Manang, with more dry and cold climate inviting you. This is the perfect trekking package for all those trekkers who want to experience walking in the relatively underrated area, and are seeking forward some adventure, pure culture, new climate and vegetation, magnificent views of Annapurna range, and the beauty of tranquil lake—Tilicho Lake.
The 14-day itinerary starts after your arrival in Kathmandu. We will drive to Chamje and then start trekking towards Dharapani. Via Chame and Pisang we will reach Manang. From Manang, we leave for Khangsar and then trek towards Tilicho Base Camp where you will stay in basecamp and then early the next morning trek to Yakhark - about a 9-hour walk where you will stay at a hotel before trekking to Jomson the next day.
Sherpa Expedition and Trekking is a leading trekking agency in Nepal that has been taking trekkers across the world to numerous destinations. We are a group of proactive, dynamic, and well-informed members working to help you make the most out of our package. Do remember us for your trek in Nepal. More than 40 years of experience and success is our guarantee.
Highlights of Tilicho Lake & Mesokanto Pass Trek
- Tilicho Lake and Mesokanto Pass trek is alternative trekking trail of the Throngla pass trek.
- Unique and wilderness trekking trail in Manang village to Jomsom in Annapurna region.
- The Mesokanto pass trekking is an extremely incredible pass.
- This trek is rich in religious and Tibetan civilization.
- Incredible view of Annapurna ranges, Pisang peak, Tilicho Peak, Chulu east and west and beautiful Tilicho Lake one of the highest lake in the world.
- Mesoconto Pass trek is an adventurous and technical trail.
- All airport pick-up & drop by private vehicle (international and domestic)
- Welcome dinner in an authentic restaurant in Kathmandu
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS card)
- Twin sharing Tent for two night
- English speaking, government licensed guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance
- Twin/double sharing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek
- First aid kit
- Two nights hotel in Pokhara
- Bus transportation from Kathmandu to Beshisahar and Jomsom to Pokhara and back Kathmandu.
- An arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- trekking route maps
- All necessary government taxes and service charges
- Porter (For two person)
- Your Nepal visa fees and 2 passport size photos
- All the International airfare from and to Kathmandu
- All meals and accommodation in Kathmandu
- Food and accommodations in case of early arrivals from the trek or late departures from the airport
- Your extra personal expenses during trek such as (laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottled water, hot and cold shower, extra porter etc)
- Tips for the trekking crew
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
The Following information will give you some idea about what you need to bring for the trek as the bag pack for the hiking in Nepal and the gear play a vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipment/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are.
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Good to Know
1. Trekking equipment
The Following information will give you some idea about what you need to bring for the trek as the backpack for the hiking in Nepal and the gear play a vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipment/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are:
- Good down Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you do not have on your own and it is to be returned after the trek.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag to keep your all the gear and this will be carried by the porters.
- Daypack bag for yourself
- A down Jacket
- Shade hat
- Warm wool hat to cover your ears
- A pair of lightweight warm gloves.
- T-shirts 2- 3 pieces
- Lightweight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket.
- Fleece Wind-proved jacket (optional).
- A pair’s nylon hiking shorts which are quick drying one
- Two pairs of lightweight long underwear.
- Two pairs trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts
- Four pairs of liner warm socks
- A pair of light to medium weight waterproof hiking/trekking boots.
- A pair of light trekking shoes for camp/lodges
- A pair sandal (Optional)
- A water bottle.
- Head/Torch Light.
2. Medicines and First Aid Kits
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude-related headaches like DMX.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Imodium or Peptone besom, Flexon capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
- Diamox 125 or 250mg or 400mg tablets for altitude sickness.
- 1 small personal sized first-aid kit with blister treatments such as moleskin, band-aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.(Sherpa expedition and Trekking company's team also provide first aid kits)
3. Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip care (Balm) At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sun’s cream with SPF 40 is recommended
- Pocket knife.
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kits and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.
Note Regarding Itineraries:
Although we generally adhere to the schedule, the itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control, including weather and terrain conditions, suitable campsite availability, and the group's general fitness level. It is important to understand that our trek is logistically complex and it is not unusual that adjustments be made. Our guide will orient you each evening to the following day's plan and their good judgment is the key to the long history of successful treks that Sherpa Expedition & Trekking Pvt. Ltd. Please remember that our ability to make adjustments as needed helps to ensure that your trek is safe and successful. Your safety is paramount.