"The fabled walled city of Lo Manthang, capital of Mustang, has enticed intrepid adventurers since tourists were first allowed to enter the forbidden Kingdom of Mustang."
Often referred to as the forbidden kingdom, Lo man thang is one of the most sought-after places by travelers. Upper Mustang is situated on northwest frontier boarding Tibet, and the main attraction of Lo man thang is ancient caves, historical monasteries, archaeological areas, breathtaking landscape, and natural beauty.
Sherpa Expedition and Trekking (P.) Ltd.
come up with an astounding plan to thrill which takes you through the scenic beauty observing the mesmerizing landscapes. We operate an exclusive four-wheel drive adventure through the barren ridge, deep canyons, eroded cliffs, moraine valleys of Mustang.
- Drive through the bumpy trails of Beni to Marph-Jomsom-Kagbeni all the way to Lo Mangthang.
- Experience Tibetan peoples culture and lifestyle.
- Explore the Tibetan old monasteries and Cave on Lo-man thang
- Test the renowned local Apple Brandy in Marpha Village.
- Visit the very famous Temple Muktinath pilgrimage site for Hindus.
- The Journey through Kalagandaki George, the world deepest.
- Experience the Annapurna Himalaya views from Jomsom
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel 1,350m.
Arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, received by Sherpa Expedition and Trekking staff with a warm welcome and transfer to respective hotels with a briefing regarding Everest high three passes trek, hotels, lodge on the route with do's and don’ts with evening group welcome dinner.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara by Jeep
Today we will head towards Pokhara to begin our 4WD adventure. After having breakfast we will start our journey early morning. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Pokhara to Tatopani (2600m), 5-6 hrs.
Drive from Pokhara goes through the winding roads of the High Hills. There are small markets and villages on the way and some of the beautiful waterfall and natural beauty. From Beni, we start our off beaten path journey.
Day 04: Drive from Tatopani to Kagbeni (2900m), 6 hrs.
As we will start our drive to Kagbeni early in the morning after breakfast. The main highlight of today ride is the rugged road, deep canyons, Kgalagadi gorge (Deepest gorge in the world), Kalagandaki River, Local market Jomsom and the holy temple of Muktinath. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05: Drive from Kagbeni-Ghami, 6 hrs.
After completing the official formalities of special permits at Kagbeni ACAP check-post we then start our ride entering the areas of Lomanthang. Overnight stay at Lo Ghemi Hotel.
Day 06: Drive to Lomanthang, (3,840m), 3-4 hrs.
We will start our day early, today on the way we will see the amazing red colored cliff which posses its own history. It will take us 3 hours to reach our destination Lomanthamng
Day 07: Explore Lomanthang.
The breathtaking Landscape, stunning Himalayan range, profound history dated back to ages, adorable local's in the amazing settlements of Upper Mustang is the main highlight and beauty that will give anyone awe-inspiring moments.
Day 08: Drive back to chucksang village (2,980m) 5 hrs.
We will drive back to another settlement called chucksang which will take us 5 hours. following the same Kaligandaki river enjoying the amazing landscape, we will stay overnight at Chuksang village. There are a pretty good amount of hotels and lodges so we will stay overnight at the Hotel.
Day 09: Drive back to Jomsom(6-7 hours)
Drive back to Jomsom which takes about 6- 7 hours and it is off beaten road but you get to see the scenic beauty and the smiling Annapurna Ranges. Rest in Jomsom and overnight at hotel.
Day -10 Jomsom to Pokhara(6-7hrs)
After breakfast, we will drive back to Pokhara from Jomsom which is 3 hours off beaten road and 3.5 hours pitched road. Enjoy the beautiful and eye-catching views of the Himalayas and the green lust forest and overnight at Pokhara. You can rest when you will be in Pokhara or you can have a walk around the lakeside.
- Cotton T-shirts
- Water Bottle
- Fleece Pants
- Hat and light gloves
- Wind and waterproof jacket
- Down Jacket
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of full gloves
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- A pair of full gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops according to weather
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof and easy boots
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
(Note our company guide will carry the medicines and first aid kits during the tour, However, we recommend better to bring your personal first-aid kit as well)
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Sherpa Expedition & Trekking Pvt. Ltd information about the trekking and tours in Nepal.
Here are some do”s and don’t which you should follow:
- Do smile and greet the local people saying “Namaste”.
- Shake hands whenever you get a chance.
- Do walk in a group or keep a distance that you could see the person in front and the person behind you.
- Do consult with your tour guide before trying anything new during the tour.
- Do ask questions to the guide which you feel confused.
- Do inform your tour guide if you are not comfortable with your health or if you need any pieces of stuff.
- Enjoy your free time shopping.
- Take lots of pictures. (no one knows what's going to happen tomorrow).
- Don’t disrespect the local culture and beliefs - even if you are uncomfortable with it.
- Don’t take photos of local people you encounter on your tour without their permission. Doing so may be offensive to them.
- Don’t be offended if local people stare at you. It is because they are surprised to see you. It is not their intention to offend you.
- Don’t harm wild animals, birds, and plants during the tour and take a global perspective and responsibility to save and preserve this unique environment.
- Don’t give money to children and beggars as it encourages them to beg more instead of working and earning
- Do not wear short dresses when you are visiting temples.
- Do not Carry dangerous weapons on the trip.
- Do not Hesitate to say "no" if somebody tries to sell you something that you don't want. You won't offend them especially if you smile and say, "no thank you".
Note Regarding Itineraries:
Although we generally adhere to the schedule, the itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control, including weather and terrain conditions, suitable campsite availability, and the group's general fitness level. Our guide will orient you each evening to the following day's plan and their good judgment is the key to the long history of a successful tour that Sherpa Expedition & Trekking Pvt. Ltd. Please remember that our ability to make adjustments as needed helps to ensure that your tour is safe and successful. Your safety is paramount.