It is known as the 'Hidden Valley' which Boasts Baudha Himal and Himal Chuli to the west, Ganesh Himal to the south and Siringi Himal to the North. This includes two remote villages, development committee Chumling ( Lower Tsum ) and Chhekampar ( Upper Tsum ). The Place is untouched by modernization where visitors can see immaculate state and remoteness and ancient ruins. The Famous Kimo Lung, a pilgrimage circuit in the central Trans Himalaya, is well known for its centers of learning and meditation.
Tsum Valley,( Hidden Valley) located at the altitude of 1905 to 5093 meters, is one of the culturally fascinating tourist destinations of Nepal.
A tranquil valley acquainted with Tibet, natural beauty and its pristine culture make the trekking unique in this Place. Upper Tsum area is the main populated zone of Buddhist, and local people are mostly of Tibetan origin and speak a unique dialect. Trails are strewn with many boulders and walls made of thousands of stone slabs carved with deities and prayers. The Tsum Valley consists of a long History of Buddhism.
There is a different way to reach the place.
Highlights of Tsum Valley Trek
- The scenic drive from Kathmandu to Arughat.
- A unique culture blend of Nepalese and Tibetan Peoples.
- Stunning view of Mt. Manaslu, Himchuli, Ganesh Himal and many more mountains.
- scared caves and Buddhist MonasteriesPasses through Numerous villages the one that is found in the hilly and mountains are of Nepal.
- Deep gorges and colorful ancient monasteries along the way.
- High altitude trek to Mu Gumpa 3,700m.
What is Included
- Pick up and drop from airport/ hotel/airport.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in a 3-star hotel.
- Half day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu.
- All Accommodation during Trekking (guest House/lodge)
- Food during Trekking (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner )
- A professional Sherpa Guide with Government License
- Sherpa porter who will carry your baggage(2 people 1 Sherpa porter, 3 peoples 2 Sherpa porter and 4 peoples 2 Sherpa porters)
- Necessary Trekking permits and Manaslu & Tsum Valley special permit.
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management system) card
- Necessary Equipment (sleeping bag and Down Jacket)
- Food, salary all Transport, clothing for Guide and Porter
- First aid kit from Sherpa Expeditions and Trekking.
- Insurance for Guide and Porter
- Necessary flight tickets (domestic only).
- Rescue Help in case of emergency (paid by your travel insurance)
- Farewell dinner with a cultural show.
- All program as per Itinerary
What is Excluded
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Any kinds of Drinks( soft and Hard Drinks)
- Visa, international flight ticket
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Good to Know
You will be accommodating in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu (2 nights) and teahouses/lodges during the trek. At higher elevation, standard teahouses are hard to find whereas shared toilet facilities are commonly used. All accommodation is on twin shared basis, rooms are normally occupied with a bed, blankets and a pillow.
Meals and Drinks during the trek
You will be served BB plan in Kathmandu whereas all meals during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner). Tsum valley trek is a newly developed trek, only basic meals are available. We recommend you; bring water purifying pills as you get to have stream water. There will be a welcome dinner in the evening with the group.
A newly developed trek is quite challenging for beginners. An adventurous trek requires a trekker with past experience to have the best experience. Trekkers with a pre-existing medical condition such as lung, heart diseases should consult your doctor before the trip.
Best Season to Travel
Tsum Valley trekking is usually done in March-May, and September – December, you are much more like to get great view throughout the year but we do not recommend you to travel in monsoon season.