The Annapurna Circuit Trek has been considered as a highly praised and spectacular trekking route in the Annapurna region. The trek of this trail takes us around the entire Annapurna massif reaching the zenith at Thorong La Pass (5,416m).
En-route we will be walking through the world's deepest Kali Gandaki gorge with Annapurna I rising to 8091 m to the east and Dhaulagiri hovering at 8167 m to the west. Trekkers who do not have enough holidays or prefer shorter trek then they have an option of 8 days trek. Trekkers can easily reach Thorang-la pass 5416m within 8 days because of easy accessibility. Nowadays, Annapurna circuit trekking route has switched the motor road until Chame in Manang site and till Muktinath in Mustang site. We get the chance to explore the Jomsom, Manang and Muktinath region. This is one of the popular and adventurous trekking routes in Nepal Himalayas and can experience the diverse Nepalese landscape and culture. This magnificent trek leads you to the village inhabited by the wide diversity of people from different ethnic groups. We can enjoy splendid views of Himalayas, Mt. Manaslu and Himal Chuli can be seen. Apart from mountain views, we encounter a cultural mix of Gurung, Manangi and Thakali people and their traditional stone-walled villages.
This 12 days budget trek leads you to the heart of Annapurna Region. The starting point is Besishahar, following the trail we will be heading towards the Chame and then Pisang valley. Sherpa Trekking guide will lead you through beautiful valley Pisang, Manang, Yak Kharka, Thorang Phedi, Thorang la pass, Muktinath and finally Jomsom.
ServicesWhat is included?
- Airport picks up and drop.
- Welcome dinner along with Nepalese cultural dance.
- 2-night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis.
- 1-night accommodation in Pokhara on BB basis.
- Kathmandu to Besishahar by local bus, Besishahar to Chame by private jeep.
- An experienced, helpful, and friendly Government license holder trekking guide.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) permits.
- Jomsom to Pokhara flight ticket as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Pokhara-Kathmandu overland transportation by tourist bus as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS)
- Inclusive of Government tax.
- Trekking porter/ Sherpa will carry your backpack during the trek.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airport fees.
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- All kinds of food Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips (Tipping is Expected).
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Good to Know
1. Trekking equipment
The Following information will give you some idea about what you need to bring for the trek as the backpack for the hiking in Nepal and the gear play a vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipment/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are:
- Good down Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you do not have on your own and it is to be returned after the trek.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag to keep your all the gear and this will be carried by the porters.
- Daypack bag for yourself
- A down Jacket
- Shade hat
- Warm wool hat to cover your ears
- A pair of lightweight warm gloves.
- T-shirts 2- 3 pieces
- Lightweight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket.
- Fleece Wind-proved jacket (optional).
- A pair’s nylon hiking shorts which are quick drying one
- Two pairs of lightweight long underwear.
- Two pairs trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts
- Four pairs of liner warm socks
- A pair of light to medium weight waterproof hiking/trekking boots.
- A pair of light trekking shoes for camp/lodges
- A pair sandal (Optional)
- A water bottle.
- Head/Torch Light.
2. Medicines and First Aid Kits
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude-related headaches like DMX.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Imodium or Peptone besom, Flexon capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
- Diamox 125 or 250mg or 400mg tablets for altitude sickness.
- 1 small personal sized first-aid kit with blister treatments such as moleskin, band-aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.(Sherpa expedition and Trekking company's team also provide first aid kits)
3. Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip care (Balm) At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sun’s cream with SPF 40 is recommended
- Pocket knife.
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kits and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.
Note Regarding Itineraries:
Although we generally adhere to the schedule, the itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control, including weather and terrain conditions, suitable campsite availability, and the group's general fitness level. It is important to understand that our trek is logistically complex and it is not unusual that adjustments be made. Our guide will orient you each evening to the following day's plan and their good judgment is the key to the long history of successful treks that Sherpa Expedition & Trekking Pvt. Ltd. Please remember that our ability to make adjustments as needed helps to ensure that your trek is safe and successful. Your safety is paramount.