Mardi Himal trek is a less traveled route located in the most visited destination Annapurna Region. It is best to experience the brilliance of solitary ever snowcapped peaks and the great opportunity of excellent cultural experience and venture of Machhapuchhare Base camp.
An interesting and exotic trekking trail wanders through lush valleys, alpine meadows, varieties of rhododendron, pines, lichen-laden dense forests, numerous streams, and waterfalls, with the captivating mountain sceneries glossy upon the close horizon. Mardi Himal is a hidden gem, it is less-touristy that you feel like embarking upon a discovery expedition.
The Mardi Himal Trekking trail starts from the very beautiful city Pokhara with boating in Phewa Lake and enjoying the views. It goes through the pine, juniper and rhododendron forest, and the Rivers. The route takes us to steeply down to the upper Mardi Khola. The trail of Mardi Himal Trekking ascends through the forest and actuality wildlife. Mardi Himal trekking rewards you superb Himalayan scenery including the Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna Ranges, and Mt. Hiunchuli, Mt. Fishtail (Machhapuchhare), etc.
Hiking on the trail of Mardi Himalayas will give you a great location as well as the taste of the real thing if you are light on alpine experience. The climbing trip can be more adventurous in the remote steep-sided valleys filled heavily wooded with bamboo and beautiful rhododendrons. High alpine pastures provide good grazing and undisturbed habitat for wildlife above the forest areas. Its importance on a wilderness zone of mountains is designed to provide amazing and perfect mountain views. Thus, trekking in this part is a blissful experience.
Highlights of Mardi Himal Trek
- Magnificent sunrise and sunset view from High Camp.
- incredible landscape, local culture, beautiful rhododendron forest during the spring season (March)
- stunning views of Himal Chuli, Annapurna south Mardi Himal, and Mt. Fishtail.
- Flora and fauna diversity in the Mardi Himal trek.
- Pothana to Low Camp rhododendron and forest.
What is Included
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin sharing basis including breakfast.
- Hotel Accommodation in Pokhara on a twin sharing basis including breakfast.
- Government license holder experienced, trekking guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Twin sharing Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- Daily Meals are chosen from the Menu (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Trekking Permit.
- TIMS Trekking Permit (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Annapurna Trek
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Sherpa Expedition and Trekking duffel bag. ( If you need, please let us know before you book the trip and remind us in our pre-meeting at our office)
- Pokhara to treks start point Phedi and trek finish point to Pokhara transport by Private vehicle
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and back to Kathmandu transport by tourist bus. (if you want to take a flight or want to travel by private vehicle is available, by adding extra cost)
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Welcome/Farewell Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
What is Excluded
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa upon arrival at the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax, City tour Sightseeing entry fees.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot shower
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages and bar bills, camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Personal trekking gears
- Tips for tour/ trekking staffs and driver
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in Price Includes section.
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Good to Know
Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara will be in a 3-star category hotel. During the trek, you will be accommodated in good quality teahouses/lodges. Mardi Himal trek is a newly developed trek with only a few lodges made along the way. There won’t be standard accommodation available in higher elevation so, we have to adjust in basic rooms. All accommodation is on a twin sharing basis. On, request single supplement is also provided, an additional amount will be charged.
Meals and drinks during the trek
Breakfast will be served in Kathmandu and Pokhara whereas basic meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) are available in teahouses during the whole trek. Various meals including Dal Bhaat, noodles, soups, potatoes, handmade bread are served on the trek. There will be a welcome dinner in the evening with our guests.
Mardi Himal trekking is considered as easy to moderate trek that follows the gorgeous villages along the way. This trekking is appropriate for all the trekkers, from beginners to an experienced. If you do not have previous walking experiences then get involved in some exercises or practice some climbing stairs at home or in your office. This regular exercise will help you a lot during the trek in Nepal.
Best time to travel
Mardi Himal trekking is doable throughout the whole year, however, January – May, and October – December is better comparatively. We can witness the stunning Himalayan views, green scenery, and crystal clear sky during these months.