3 Days Dhampus Hiking is located at north side of Pokhara valley beside beautiful views of golden rice terraces from a local farmer. Hiking to this village offers marvelous views of Annapurna Himalaya, nature landscape difference face of Nepalese people and internal quiet.
This area is inhabited by different ethnic groups, Gurung, Chhetries, Brahmins, and Dalit. Dhampus hiking starts from Pokhara Phedi and will visit Dhampus village, Naudanda, and Sarangkot. Sarangkot is a famous place for sunrise, Paragliding takes off, and Zip fliers from here you can see scenic view of Manaslu (8,163m), Annapurna I (8,91m), Dhaulagiri (8,167m) Machhapuchchhre (6,997m) and more than 20 mountains peak above 6,000 meters.
Dhampus hiking covers one part of the Annapurna Conservation area project ACAP, where every year more than 9,000 tourists visit. Nepal Village Tourism has emerged as a new concept of the Nepal tourism industry. This Dhampus hiking attracting more than a thousand of tourist around the world.
Dhampus hiking considers as one of the easiest and most popular short hiking, suitable for the family group, old age peoples and who has limited time to travel. It is suitable for all seasons unlike another trek peripheral of the Annapurna region. Various types of flora and fauna can be observed along the trail. The rhododendron forest is one of the eye-catching elements for the viewers on Dhampus hiking. The choice is of hikers whether to stay overnight or climb uphill and down on the same day. Local food and accommodation like homestay are always readily available, mostly run by local peoples.
Besides the breathtaking Himalaya views, Dhampus will offer you a chance to experience the serenity and highly enjoyable Nepalese countryside, watch the daily lives of the intact with farmers. The short time journey to Dhampus is highly recommended. Sherpa Expedition and Trekking are glad to make it your lifetime experience.
- Start the day by driving from Pokhara to Phedi, which takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Once you reach Phedi, begin your hike to Dhampus. The trail will take you through lush forests and terraced fields, offering beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- The hike to Dhampus will take around 3 to 4 hours, depending on your pace. Dhampus is a small Gurung village located at an altitude of 1,750 meters. Upon reaching Dhampus, you can explore the village and interact with the locals to learn about their culture and way of life.
- Overnight stay in Dhampus.
- After breakfast, start your hike from Dhampus to Sarangkot. The trail will lead you through scenic landscapes, charming villages, and terraced fields.
- Along the way, you will pass through Naudanda, another beautiful village situated at an altitude of 1,463 meters. Take a break here to rest and enjoy the panoramic views of the Annapurna and Manaslu mountain ranges.
- Continue your hike towards Sarangkot, which is located at an altitude of 2,100 meters. Sarangkot is famous for its stunning sunrise and sunset views, as well as its panoramic views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges.
- Once you reach Sarangkot, settle into your accommodation and spend the evening enjoying the breathtaking views.
- Overnight stay in Sarangkot.
Wake up early to witness the mesmerizing sunrise over the Himalayas from Sarangkot.
- After breakfast, begin your descent from Sarangkot to Pokhara. The trail will take you through lush forests and picturesque villages, providing ample opportunities to take in the natural beauty of the region.
- The walk down to Pokhara will take around 3 to 4 hours, depending on your pace. Once you reach Pokhara, you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Rest and relax in Pokhara, and take the opportunity to explore the lakeside area, visit the local markets, or indulge in some adventure activities such as boating on Phewa Lake or paragliding.
- Overnight stay in Pokhara.
Backpack: A comfortable and durable backpack to carry all your essentials.
- Lightweight and breathable hiking shirts
- Long-sleeved shirts and pants to protect against the sun and bugs
- Fleece or lightweight jacket for cool evenings
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Hiking shorts and pants
- Underwear and socks (consider moisture-wicking materials)
- Hat or cap for sun protection
- Swimsuit (if you plan to swim in any lakes or rivers)
- Sturdy hiking boots or shoes with good traction
- Extra pair of comfortable shoes for evenings or rest days
- Hiking socks (consider moisture-wicking materials)
- Sunscreen with a high SPF
- Insect repellent
- Personal hygiene items (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc.)
- Prescription medications (if applicable)
- First aid kit with essentials like band-aids, pain relievers, and blister treatment
- Hand sanitizer or wet wipes
Navigation and safety:
- Map and compass or GPS device
- Headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries
- Whistle for emergencies
- Multi-tool or pocket knife
- Water purification system or tablets
- Emergency blanket
Food and water:
- Lightweight and high-energy snacks
- Water bottles or hydration bladder (ensure you have enough capacity for the hike)
- Mobile phone and charger
- Power bank for charging on the go
- Trekking poles (optional but can provide added stability and support)
- Camera or GoPro to capture the beautiful scenery
- Extra plastic bags or dry bags for organizing and protecting your belongings
- Cash and identification documents in a waterproof pouch
Remember to pack light and only carry what is necessary for your hike. It's also advisable to check the weather forecast before your trip and adjust your packing list accordingly.
Dhampus is a popular hiking destination in Nepal, known for its stunning views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges. If you're planning a 3-day hiking trip to Dhampus, here's some useful information to know:
1. Duration: The Dhampus hiking trail can be completed in 3 days, but it can be adjusted based on your fitness level and preferences.
2. Starting Point: The hike usually starts from Phedi, which is about a 45-minute drive from Pokhara. From Phedi, you'll begin your ascent towards Dhampus.
3. Day 1: The first day of the hike involves a steep uphill climb from Phedi to Dhampus. The trail passes through beautiful forests, terraced fields, and small villages. You'll reach Dhampus, which is located at an altitude of around 1,650 meters, by late afternoon.
4. Accommodation: Dhampus offers several tea houses and lodges where you can stay overnight. These accommodations provide basic facilities such as a bed, blankets, and meals. It's advisable to make a reservation in advance, especially during peak season.
5. Day 2: On the second day, you can explore the surroundings of Dhampus. There are short hiking trails that lead to viewpoints, allowing you to enjoy panoramic views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges. You can also visit the local Gurung community and learn about their culture and lifestyle.
6. Day 3: After breakfast, you'll begin your descent back to Phedi. The downhill trek is relatively easier and takes less time than the uphill climb. From Phedi, you can take a taxi or bus back to Pokhara.
7. Difficulty Level: The Dhampus hiking trail is considered moderate in terms of difficulty. While it does involve some uphill climbs, it's manageable for most hikers with a moderate level of fitness. However, it's always a good idea to prepare physically and mentally before embarking on any hiking trip.
8. Packing Essentials: Some essentials to pack for your Dhampus hike include comfortable hiking shoes, a backpack, warm clothing, rain gear, a hat, sunscreen, a water bottle, snacks, a first aid kit, and a camera to capture the breathtaking views.
Remember to check the weather forecast before your trip and be prepared for changes in weather conditions. It's also recommended to hire a local guide or join a guided tour for a safer and more enriching experience.
Enjoy your 3 days of hiking in Dhampus and make sure to take in the incredible beauty of the Himalayas!
Fill out the form below and a Travel Expert will reach out to create your perfect tour.
No, you do not need a permit for the Dhampus hike. It is a relatively short and popular trek that does not require any special permits.
The Dhampus hike is considered moderate in terms of difficulty. While it does involve some uphill climbs, it is manageable for most hikers with a moderate level of fitness. However, regular exercise and some prior hiking experience would be beneficial.
The Dhampus hike can be done independently without a guide. The trail is well-marked, and there are tea houses and lodges along the way for accommodation. However, if you are not familiar with the area or prefer some guidance, hiring a local guide can enhance your experience and ensure your safety.
The best time to do the Dhampus hike is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. These months offer stable weather conditions, clear skies, and moderate temperatures, making it ideal for hiking. However, the trail can be hiked throughout the year, with proper preparation for the weather conditions.
Some essentials to pack for the Dhampus hike include comfortable hiking shoes, a backpack, warm clothing, rain gear, a hat, sunscreen, a water bottle, snacks, a first aid kit, and a camera. It's also advisable to carry some cash as ATMs may not be available along the trail.
It's important to stay hydrated, follow the trail markers, and avoid hiking alone, especially in remote areas. Carry a map or have a reliable GPS device with you. It's also recommended to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
Yes, you can extend your Dhampus hike to include other popular trekking destinations in the Annapurna region, such as Poon Hill, Ghandruk, or Annapurna Base Camp. These extensions will require more time and preparation, so it's advisable to plan accordingly.
Based On 4 Reviews
Our 3 Days Dhampus Australian Camp Hiking with Sherpa Expedition was nothing short of excellent. From the moment we were picked up at the airport to the final farewell, every aspect of the trip was meticulously planned and executed. The accommodations provided were comfortable and well-maintained, allowing us to rest and rejuvenate after each day of hiking. The itinerary was well-paced, allowing us to fully appreciate the beauty of the surroundings without feeling rushed. The friendly and knowledgeable guide from Sherpa Expedition was the cherry on top, making our experience truly exceptional.
The 3 Days Dhampus Australian Camp Hiking offered some of the most breathtaking views we have ever witnessed. From the stunning sunrise over the Annapurna range to the panoramic vistas of the surrounding valleys, every step of the hike presented us with awe-inspiring scenery. The trail took us through lush forests, terraced fields, and charming villages, providing us with a diverse range of landscapes to admire. The beauty of the views surpassed our expectations and left us in complete awe.
We cannot recommend the 3 Days Dhampus Australian Camp Hiking by Sherpa Expedition enough. This hiking adventure is perfect for those seeking a short but rewarding experience in the Annapurna region. The combination of stunning views, cultural immersion, and comfortable accommodations makes it an ideal choice for hikers of all levels. The professionalism and expertise displayed by Sherpa Expedition throughout the entire trip further solidify our recommendation. If you're looking for a memorable and well-organized hiking adventure, look no further than this.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Your email address is required for downloading package details.*