Mohare Danda trek in the foothill of Annapurna is well known as Eco Lodge Community Trek. A newly opened trekking route in an off beaten trekking trail of Annapurna Region is bounded by lush forest oaks, bamboo, pines and several varieties of rhododendron along with ample waterfalls and rivers. It is the best alternative to skip the overcrowded treks. This short trek takes you to the ultimate height of 3300m above the sea level from where you can observe the majestic views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalayan ranges. Not only the natural beauty but rich culture of Magar and Gurung communities is also the main highlights of the trek. Trekkers can enjoy the wonderful culture, heartwarming hospitality, their friendly nature. They can easily connect with the local and their social life. Direct interaction with the local people helps to generate some ideas regarding their day to day life in the Himalayas far away from hustle and bustle cities. All accommodation or lodges are either homestay or community-based lodges. Those communities offer domestic staying and preserve sustainable eco-tourism.
Mohare Danda Trek is one of the newly opened trekking trail and eco-lodges community base trek in Nepal. This trek is in all likelihood domestic stay and natural trekking trail in Nepal.
Mohare Danda trekking is the best short trek from Pokhara, it is suitable for trekkers who do not have sufficient time to trek in Nepal and best suits to family trek also. Since you can complete within a short time, consider adding Poonhill trek or Khopra trek in your itinerary if you have enough time to explore in the Himalayas. Share your plans and to customize your trip contact us.
Highlights of Mohare Danda Trek
- Stunning and closed view of Annapurna massif than Poon Hill from Mohare Danda.
- Explore the village local lifestyle and their livelihood.
- walking in the narrow and stone-paved trail, amazing waterfall, walking through dense colorful Rhododendron forest in spring.
- Homestay with local people house and familiar with nature, trails, peoples, flora, and fauna of the Mohare region.
- The great experience of Gurung and Magar culture and lifestyle who are famous for Gurkha regiment.
What is Included:
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu, Hotel and lodge during trekking.
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary.
- All necessary paperwork; trekking permits and others.
- Trekking guide and porter.
- Staff Insurance and Salary.
- Transportations from Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Pokhara to Beni and Nayapul to Pokhara
- Welcome and farewell dinners.
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during trek.
- Comprehensive First aid medical kit.
- Travel and rescue arrangements.
- Company services and all required government taxes/royalties.
What is Excluded:
- Nepalese visa fee.
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15 kg luggage, cargo charge is around. $1.5 per kg) only on the flight.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled. or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Personal Trekking equipment.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended.
- Tips for guides and porters.
- Seasonable Sleeping bag and down Jacket (If you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffle bag (We will provide duffle bag during the trek Sherpa Expedition & Trekking need to be returned after the trek)
- A wind and waterproof thin layered jacket (Must have for morning and evening above 3,000m)
Upper Body- Head / Ears / Eyes
- A pair of half gloves
- A warmer hat that covers the ears
- Neck warmer
- Sunscreen (35 to 60 SPF)
- Headlamp and an extra set of batteries
- A pair of half gloves for walking poles(if you prefer)
- Warmer shell gloves and liner
- long sleeve t-shirts
- Thermal Tops
- wool Jackets or pullover
- Artificial sports bras for (Women and girls)
- Water and windproof shell jacket
- Thermal underwear (especially trousers)
- windproof and waterproof trousers
- warmer trouser
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Extra casual sport pants
- A pair of good waterproof trekking boots
- Pair of sandals
- 4-5 pairs of woolen socks
- Socks liner
- Light shoes and sneaker
First Aid Kits and Medicines
- Assorted Adhesive Bandages (fabric preferred)
- Blister treatment
- Insect testing / anti-itch treatment
- Ibuprofen / other pain-relief medication
- Diamox (125mg to 250mg tablets for altitude sickness)
- Warps, splints, and a wound coverings butterfly bandage
- Water purifying pills
Miscellaneous, but must useable
- 4 pic passport sizes with original passport
- Water bottle & filter
- Flight details (please make a copy and leave one pic at our office in KTM because of if you won to change your flight date)
- Bathroom kit (conform, should be included Toilet papers put on the plastic bag, hand wipes, towel, and soap, etc.)
- Comfortable trekking poles
- Best energy dry foods (up to you)
- Power Bank and music players
- Camera (Memory card, chargers, and extra batteries)
Good to Know
We offer you a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu and in Pokhara and teahouses during the trek. Annapurna region’s trekking trail is more popular and has the well – established teahouses and lodges providing standard accommodation. Nowadays private rooms, solar showers, clean toilet facilities are accessible.
Meals and Drinks during the trek
You will be served breakfast in Kathmandu and Pokhara respectively. All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) are included during the trek. Teahouses/lodges of this trek have generally improved over the years and maintain the high standard of hygiene. Boiled and filtered water is served by most of the lodges which are safe, however, we suggest you bring water purifying pills. There will be a welcome dinner in the evening along with the Nepalese cultural dance.
If you are physically fit and enjoy walking but have a short period to explore then this trek is definitely for you. You do not need any past experience of trekking activities however it is a plus point if you have done before.
Best Season to Travel
Autumn through to spring is considered as the best time to do the Mohare Danda trek. We suggest you avoid monsoon months, June and August due to heavy rainfall that may occur during the trek.